Sunday, April 3, 2011

SANITARY SUPPLIES ? BUY KOTEX BEFORE YOU BUY CHINESE SMARTSENSE

Today I went to my local Kmart to find panty liners. OK, let's not get offended here that I'm talking about SANITARY SUPPLIES! WOMEN NEED THESE!

I decided to look at the boxes and see where the manufacturing is done. HERE IS A SITUATION WHERE FOR A COUPLE DOLLARS YOU CAN AFFORD TO SUPPORT AMERICAN JOBS!

First, the Smartsense (the budget brand being sold by Kmart) was 64 for $2.99 MADE IN CHINA

Second, the Carefree was 56 for $3.99 MADE IN CANADA

Third, KOTEX, was 80 for $6.29 MADE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Without knowing for sure, I imagine that the QUALITY of the product makes a difference, but my experience with generic brands in general is that they vary considerably. I also saw that though the temptation is to price per pad, the manufactures box in different quantities making it necessary to use your math (or your calculator) to price.

No comments: