Thursday, November 17, 2011

DOLLAR TREE BARGAINS ARE RARELY MADE IN THE USA : BETTY CROCKER A SELL OUT! : GOOD BARGAINS ON FOOD

Went shopping at the Dollar Tree chain recently. The store was immaculate and well organized and the staff was friendly, if only working the registers. The manager told me that they pretty much always have the same merchandise with a seasonal section, a party section, food (more on this in a bit), and cleaning supplies.

So I went looking in the seasonal section and found almost everything was made in China, a few items were made in Mexico (which I prefer over China). I kept turning over products to see what company or source was listed. I was really upset when I found an entire line of Betty Crocker kitchen gadgets all made in China.... Betty Crocker a sell out?

I did find one surprise. TISSUE PAPER MADE IN THE USA! I bought some of that.

And I also found another surprise, which Iwant to pass on to those of you who are using Food Stamps, also known as EBT, and CalFresh. There was a good array of foods for $1 an item including egg noodles, larger cans of Campbells soup, pot pies, packages of crackers, and so on.

I would like to encourage DOLLAR TREE TO FIND MORE MADE IN THE UNITED STATES PRODUCTS for it's stores. WHEN YOU GO INTO DOLLAR TREE please mention it also!

No comments: